Quick & healthy pizza
I’m a big fan of pizza but not a big fan of all the calories, fat, and sodium usually found in take away or restaurant ones. This weekend I decided to make a healthier version which allowed me to put exactly what I wanted on it an avoid over eating which can often happen with pizza. It was super easy and quick to make and tasted really good. Next time you have a craving for pizza why not give this a try instead.
- 1/2 large whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tbspns of tomato paste mixed with garlic, oregano and spices
- 2 tbspns chopped onion
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- Some red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tbspn of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Topped with spinach or arugula
- Make tomato base by combining the tomato paste, shredded garlic, oregano, spices and spread evenly over the pita base.
- Arrange all of the ingredients on base.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until ingredients are cooked and the base is crispy
- Top with fresh arugula or spinach and enjoy
Nutritional Info: This is only an approximate estimation and will vary depending on how big your pizza is and what toppings you put on it.