Immune boosting Lemon and Ginger Tea
I’ve been feeling under the weather the past few days so have made myself immune boosting lemon and ginger tea. For a long time, honey, ginger, and lemon have been recognized for their homeopathic properties. Individually all these ingredients have their own natural medicinal qualities and when combined, they create a tea that can ease symptoms of infections, cold and flu and boost your immune system.
In herbal medicine, ginger root has many benefits. It is antiviral, anti-inflammatory, aids digestion and is believed to be effective against human respiratory syncytial virus. Both the lemon and the ginger root are also rich sources of antioxidants that inhibit inflammation.
Next time you are beginning to feel under the weather try this easy home-made immune boosting tea and see for yourself.
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp organic lemon juice
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- Finely slice or grate the ginger root.
- Infuse the ginger in freshly boiled water for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and honey if you wish and stir.
- Serve hot or cold for a refreshing and revitalizing drink.